BOXER UNION PLAYLIST #12
Woody Allen is arguably one of the most important film directors and scripwriters of the past fifty years. Movies like Annie Hall, Manhattan, Hannah and Her Sisters, The Purple Rose of Cairo, Midnight In Paris or Match Point are always in the subconscious of any good cinema lover.
In addition to the stories and staging, the New Yorker gives special importance to the soundtracks of his films. That´s why we have done a selection of some of the themes accompanying his movie titles and credits. A selection of classic swing, New Orleans Jazz, classical arias and even flamenco, which have played in some of his more than forty movies.
Woody Allen is also an amateur musician, and gives recitals around the world with his band, the New Orleans Jazz Band, playing the clarinet.
01. Una furtiva lagrima. Enrico Caruso
02. Si Tu Vois Ma Mère. Sydney Bachet
03. Miami Beach rumba. Xavier Cugat And His Orchestra
04. Let’s Do It (Let’s Fall In Love). Cole Porter
05. I’m Getting Sentimental Over You. Tommy Dorsey And His Orchestra
06. Moonglow. Artie Shaw
07. La Conga Blicoti. Joséphine Baker
08. Cheek To Cheek. Fred Astaire
09. Nagasaki. Django Reinhardt
10. In The Mood. Glenn Miller
11. Entre dos aguas. Paco de Lucía
12. If I Didn’t Care. The Ink Spots
13. Begin The Beguine. Artie Shaw And His Orchestra
14. You Made Me Love You. Harry James
15. If Dreams Come True. Chick Webb
16. I’ve Never Heard That Song Before. Harry James
17. Keepin’ Out of Mischeif Now. Tommy Dorsey
18. Sunrise Serenade. Glenn Miller
19. Gualtier Maldé! Caro Nome!. Alida Ferrarini
20. II. Largo Form Concerto No.5 in F Minor for Harpsichord and Orchestra. London Strings